Each year, the City of Goodlettsville Parks and Recreation and Tourism Departments seeks to recognize organizations, businesses, and individuals for their dedication and service to the enhancement and development of recreation and tourism in Goodlettsville through the annual VIP Awards Program.
The City of Goodlettsville has a wide-range of volunteers who help make recreation, parks’ , and tourism activities among the best Middle Tennessee. Recognizing that the greatest gift a person gives is one’s self and one’s time, the City of Goodlettsville feels it is important to promote the value and appreciation of community involvement through the recognition of volunteers and organizations who, for a prolonged period of time, have made significant contributions and enhanced the quality of the community of Goodlettsville.
Any individual / group who volunteers and contributes time directly to programs, events, or parks can be nominated in one of two categories:
- Parks and Recreation Volunteer of the Year
- Tourism Volunteer of the Year
- Parks and Recreation Organization of the Year
- Tourism Organization of the Year
- VIP Coach of the Year
- Tourism Student Volunteer of the Year
- Outstanding Service Award
Recipients who are awarded the VIP Award have made outstanding contributions at the community level through:
- a personal volunteer commitment to recreation or tourism development
- a consistent and continuous record of service to the public
- community leadership in recreation or tourism
- active participation in a variety of volunteer recreation/tourism activities
The following criteria are also used to review nomination eligibility:
- Volunteer contributions to an organization, administration, planning or promotion of:
- non-recreation/tourism contributions
- involvement while the nominee was in a paid position (i.e. recreation professional or elected official)
- Previous VIP & Tourism Award recipients
We will begin accepting applications for the 2023 VIP Awards on November 2, 2023. Additional information will be provided at that time.
The Volunteer in Parks (VIP) Awards program began in 2019. Recipients are awarded each January for the previous year during the VIP Appreciation Banquet hosted at Delmas Long Community Center.
- Parks and Recreation Volunteer of the Year: Chris Taylor
- Parks and Recreation Organization of the Year: Ponce Law
- Parks and Recreation Coach of the Year: Bobby Kleinau
- Tourism Volunteer of the Year: Jim Sweeten
- Tourism Organization of the Year: VSCC Softball Team
- Tourism Student of the Year: Hannah Hall
- Outstanding Service Award: Sumner County Master Gardeners