Parker the Squirrel
In the summer of 2023 a group of City staff members collaborated on the creation of the city's first ever mascot. The group recognized that a mascot would be an effective way to create a visual identity, make an emotional connection, increase engagement and serve as an ambassador for Goodlettsville. In a nutshell, the mascot basically represents the warm and fuzzy side of Goodlettsville and puts a friendly face on the City.
The next phase was the creation of the mascot including the name, the type of character, and the clothing to bring the mascot to life. With the numerous parks within the city and the beautiful green spaces enjoyed by locals and visitors of all ages, the name Parker was selected. Within those parks we have lots and lots of squirrels, some of which seem to become friends as they stop and wait on patrons to stroll the walking trails. There was no doubt, Parker needed to be a squirrel!
Parker arrived in Goodlettsville in October and made his first public appearance at the City's Halloween in the Park and GOODFest and Fall Market events at Moss-Wright Park. He proudly represents Goodlettsville and is passionate about sharing all the GOOD in the City!
If you have an upcoming event that you would like to request Parker's attendance, please complete the link for the online form below. Requests cannot be submitted over the phone or by e-mail. The following terms and conditions apply to all Parker appearances:
- Online requests must be submitted a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the appearance.
- The online form is only a request form and does not guarantee that every mascot request will be filled.
- Requestor must provide a parking place close to the event.
- Requestor must provide a private and lockable place (not a public restroom, closet, or public space) to dress and store personal items.
- Requestor must provide drinking water for the mascot during appearances.
- The maximum amount of time for an appearance is 90 minutes which includes 15 minute breaks every 15-30 minutes depending upon the temperature if an outdoor event.
- Parker does not attend private events (ex: weddings, birthday parties).
Where is Parker?
Parker is on social media with his own accounts on Facebook and on Instagram as Parker the Squirrel. Follow along for the most current updates, photos, and advice from the city's favorite furry tail resident.
Apparel with Parker's logo will be available at the Goodlettsville Visitor's Center beginning the week of November 20 in toddler, youth, and adult sizes.
Parker's appearance calendar is currently being scheduled and will be listed here soon. Look for him at the Christmas Tree Lighting at City Hall on Friday, December 1, at 6:00 AND look for him at the Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 2, at 4:00 when he leads the parade as the GRAND MARSHALL!