What To Do
- If your project is located within Sumner County, you will first obtain a building permit from the City of Goodlettsville Building and Codes Department. This Department will be responsible for the following inspections on your projects:
- All building-related inspections
- Plumbing inspections
- Gas / mechanical inspections
- Fire / life safety inspections
- After obtaining your building permit from the City of Goodlettsville, you will then obtain your electrical permit from the State Electrical Inspector in Hendersonville.
- The City will not issue a certificate of occupancy until the State Electrical Inspector has completed his final inspection.
State Electrical Inspector
Phone: (615) 822-4440
Goodlettsville Codes and Building Safety
Phone: (615) 851-3741