Learn more about City of Goodlettsville services and operations by scheduling a Speakers Bureau presentation for your group.
The City of Goodlettsville Speakers Bureau is a free local service which was created to demystify the role of government.
We want to be your best resource for getting answers to important questions about the City of Goodlettsville. And in turn, it is our goal to build strong partnerships with the citizens we serve. Our employees are available to present on a wide variety of topics. Your organization may request a guest speaker to attend a meeting or special event. Groups may include homeowner's associations, school clubs or organizations, senior centers, or any Goodlettsville group wanting to be involved.
A sample of speaking points include:
- General Municipal Government Overview
- Open Meetings and Public Information Acts
- Property Taxes - how they are calculated and how are they used?
- Property Tax Relief and Property Tax Freeze for Seniors
- How is the city's credit rating determined?
- How and why are bonds issued?
- City Website Features
- How to "Follow" City of Goodlettsville News and Information
- City of Goodlettsville Employment Process
- How to Manage Rising Health Care Costs
- Municipal Court
- Fire Safety in the Home and Workplace
- Fire Prevention
- Community Recreation Programs and Events
- Senior Adult Programs and Partnerships
- Historic Mansker's Station and the Early Settlement of Goodlettsville
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Law Enforcement
- Neighborhood Watch Program
- Crime Prevention Programs
- Planning and Zoning
- Development Review Process, Including Public Involvement
- Determining Development Potential on a Property
- Economic and Community Development
- Recycling - what can you recycle in Goodlettsville?
- Stream Watch Program
We look forward to partnering with your organization.