Tax Freeze and Tax Relief Programs for Senior Citizens
Representatives from Davidson and Sumner County Trustee offices will be at Goodlettsville City Hall on Thursday, September 29 and Friday, September 30 from 8:00 a.m. till 4:00 p.m. to register property owners for the tax freeze and tax relief programs.
For the tax freeze program, the qualifying homeowner must be 65 or older on December 31, 2016. Applicants must present the following documentation:
• Proof of age-birth certificate, Medicare card, driver’s license, passport, etc.
• Proof of ownership-current tax bill or receipt, recorded deed, etc.
• Evidence property is principal residence-voters’ registration card, etc.
Income records must be provided showing the total income of ALL owners of the property during 2015.
• Income limits for Davidson County Tax Freeze is $41,660
• Income limits for Davidson County Tax Relief is $29,180
• Income limits for Sumner County Tax Freeze is $33,860
• Income limits for Sumner County Tax Relief is $29,180
Applications for the Tax Freeze must be filed by April 4th each year.
Contact Goodlettsville City Hall for questions (615)851-2200.