Representatives from Davidson and Sumner County Trustee offices will be at Goodlettsville City Hall on Thursday, September 24th and Friday, September 25th from 8:00 a.m. till 4:00 p.m. to register property owners for the tax freeze and tax relief programs. You must be over 65.
For the tax freeze program, the qualifying homeowner must be 65 or older on December 31, 2020. Applicants must present the following documentation:
• Proof of age-birth certificate, Medicare card, driver’s license, passport, etc.
• Proof of ownership-current tax bill or receipt, recorded deed, etc.
• Evidence property is principal residence-voters’ registration card
• If an owner named on the property is deceased and has died in the past year we will also need a copy of the death certificate
Income records must be provided showing the total income of ALL owners of the property during 2019.
• Income limits for Davidson County Tax Freeze is $43,810
• Income limits for Davidson County Tax Relief is $30,700
• Income limits for Sumner County Tax Freeze is $38,750
• Income limits for Sumner County Tax Relief is $30,700
Applications for the Tax Freeze must be filed by April 3rd each year.
Contact Goodlettsville City Hall for questions (615)851-2200 and ask for Angi.