The City of Goodlettsville has been working in partnership with Nashville Electric Service (NES) and professional streetlighting development firm, PATH Company, over the last fifteen (15) months to develop a first-rate LED streetlight conversion project. The main goals of the project are to increase the quality of street lighting within the City while at the same time realizing significant annual energy and operational savings to the City’s bottom line. By the time the installation of the new streetlights is complete, the City of Goodlettsville will realize an annual gross savings of almost $100K on its streetlight bill!
The City of Goodlettsville Board of Commissioners, City Manager, Assistant City Manager and Public Services Director worked in tandem with decision makers at NES to determine a program structure that would allow all parties to benefit from the consistency of upgrading all of the streetlights at one time. The program, spearheaded by Goodlettsville and NES, will now allow the surrounding area suburbs within the NES service area to realize the same benefits afforded from converting existing streetlights to a more energy-efficient, sustainable technology. Details of installation of the new streetlights can be found below.
• 1,124 streetlights within the city limits will be converted to LED
• Installation crews are set to begin Monday, February 22nd
• Timeline for installation completion - 6 weeks
• Installation crews will be wearing yellow marker vests with BESCO insignia
• Citizens with any questions or concerns can send an email to the address below • Rudy Watkins – VP of Development – email@example.com; 901-647-5816
• Project progress can be tracked in real time via the web link below: